Our Ties

My photo
Texas, United States
Nothing really different about us... normal people, normal existence, extraordinary journey of blessings brought in the most profound, difficult, devasting, and amazing circumstances. To know our journey is to know grace. I invite you in to view this simple life where extraordinary events shape together to create something only Grace can explain.......

Friday, June 29, 2012

Humbled and Paying it Forward

Sometimes in life (okay, most times in life) things happen in ways we don't expect or can't imagine.  Sometimes those things are really, really difficult.  I've shared openly about our experiences of those things.  However, some of those things are blessings straight from heaven and I've written joyfully of many of those experiences as well.  It's what builds up and incorporates this thing called life. And the coolest thing of all to me is how small the world becomes when we open our hearts and share out loud because all of the sudden we are connecting to others and sharing lives in ways we never would have otherwise.  Suddenly, we connect to their joys and hurts and vice versa and what once would have been an unknown stranger, is now somehow someone we grow to love.  It's amazing.  And it brings blessings.

I started this blog because I can't imagine not writing. Writing is how I survived (and survive still) the illness and death of my beautiful Eathan.  It's how those that loved us and prayed for us (world wide) were able to know the day-to-day on his journey home to Heaven.  After I lost him, a season of deep grief flooded me, but the writing continued.  I compiled his life into a book and was near publishing, but it was too fresh for me to be objective and hear the recommendations of the professionals.  I couldn't stand the thought of cutting even one page because every second of his precious three years were magic to me.  Once I was personally satisfied with the book, I moved into a season of writing a bible study that I shared with some precious ladies in my home each week.  Finally, I entered the blogging world.  I didn't have a clue what I was doing, or even really why I wanted to do it, other than writing is such an outlet and release.  Our journey continues and the lessons we learned through our precious little Eathan's life carries forward in all that we do and it feels good to share. 

Mix that with the array of experiences we have endured before, during, and since Eathan, beyond just his illness and into the rest of our crazy thing we call life, and you have the perfect recipe for a NEED to write.  It isn't a want to write... it is truly a need.  When I find myself in front of  the computer with my fingers racing over the keys, it is usually after something profound has happened in my emotions and spirit... whether good or bad.  Writing is the cheapest therapy out there and amazingly, also with the most profound impact, as my therapist is God Himself.  The places He takes me in my awareness when I sit and begin to process through things with just me, Him, and the keyboard is something extraordinary.  I always stand and walk away unsure of how exactly I came to land where I did because I am never sure where I am headed when I begin.  I start with the point of conviction, joy, or pain, then  I pray, and God takes off speaking into me no matter where I am in my emotions or reason for sitting in the first place. It's one of my greatest acts of worship for me because I truly find myself in awe of what I learn from Him as I sit and simply write.  That alone is enough.  But God never stops at our "enough" because He is always about so much more than our view.  Always.

I received one of the greatest compliments two days ago when Kathy, from Kissing the Frog nominated me for this really cool blog award.  I was humbled and excited all at the same time.  First, because it's just cool to be noticed for something that gives me such great joy, knowing it's all for God's glory, but most of all because it was given from someone I don't know personally, but feel so connected to! When I first read her biography, I was instantly connected to her.  Our journeys aren't exact, but we have similarities that are uncanny.  I read more and I instantly knew that I would enjoy following her from here on. She is real, witty, funny, and I totally get her. Her blog makes me laugh, has tenderness, and she is all about connecting to others, which I love!  To have received this nomination from her is very tender to my heart and I am so blessed that out of all the blogs she could have chosen, I was one of the top five she selected! 

Here is the award.         


It will now be seen on my blog and help draw even more people to view my posts by increasing traffic.  That makes me smile even more because my hope is always that anyone that reads my posts will get a taste of the real me, in our real life, with our real joys and our real sorrows and how at the end of it all, there is a real God with a real love for each of us. (I feel certain the grammer in that sentence would send my former English teachers for a loop!  That's okay!  That's the beauty in blogging!)  Thank you Kathy, for allowing my life lessons to be more accessible to whomever God should choose to send my way and I hope it opens doors ten fold for you as well. 

Then, even more fun, because I am now a recipient of this award, I get to then follow the guidelines of nominating some of my favorite blogs.  Here are the rules to the Liebster Blog award as noted on Kathy's blog award post in Kissing The Frog:

It is an award that’s given to fairly new blogs with 200 or fewer followers. This is a way of giving recognition to bloggers for a job well done. It brings undiscovered blogs to the light and helps them gain exposure to attract more followers. Being nominated for a Liebster comes with a few guidelines…

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.

2. You must link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.

3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.

4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs you think deserve some recognition. Remember they have to have 200 followers or less when presented with a Liebster!

5. Make sure you let the bloggers you nominated know they have a Liebster! Leave a comment on their blog, DM on twitter, Facebook post–however you normally get in contact with them!

Here are the blogs I am chosing.  Please check each of them out because each of them in their own special way, has a gift that is worth sharing!

1. This Place in Time Therese is a beautiful young adult who blogs about her faith, her work in the neonatal unit where she tenderly cares for some of God's tiniest blessings, her passion for health, and most of all her real experiences as she journeys through life, that has not always been kind to her.  She inspires me, motivates me, and encourages me through her authenticity.

2.  The Lashley Life Morgandi posts about her life with her beautiful daughters and husband and their life in Oklahoma.  She makes me laugh through her comical views and pictures she shares of her every day life lived out.  It is light and refreshing! She is a nifty photographer that grabs some really cool, candid shots and it never hurts that her girls are absolutely adorable!  I forgive her for being from Oklahoma.  God loves us all! (Yes, I am a proud Texan! Ha!)

3.  Army Wife and Mom of 4 I just recently started following this blog that I happened upon.  It captured me because of the title as I have a son about to enter the military and I am trying to prepare myself for what lies ahead.   I was sad to find her now trying to find her way on her own as a single mom.  I chose her because I am praying for her and her family and I think she is very courageous.

4.  Citizen of a Country Without Borders  Becca's own blog description is what grabbed me.  She says, "somewhat of a walking oxymoron/trying to learn to live out the things I deeply feel/my allegiance is sworn to a country without borders, formed by a homeless Jewish woodworker."  Her writing has depth and feeling with a poetic flow.  I love it. 

5.  The Food Allergy Mom  Kimberly is a personal friend who lives life with a child who suffers from extreme food allergies, but helps him live as if he is just like everyone else.  I am impressed with her research, work, and attention to not only keep their family functioning normally with allergies that without her efforts could isolate, but also  how she shares her efforts to help others as well.  She is quite selfless and I love her for it!


I think this has been more difficult than I expected.  I could choose so many blogs that I am interested in.  And if I could have, I would have nominated Kissing the Frog because she has a gift to share her life, laughs, and realness with the world.  I am one of her biggest fans!  So as you check out the others I've listed, remember to start with her.  She rocks!

I have much more to blog about, but for today, these blogs should be your reads.  Thanks for reading mine!  Like my facebook page, Ties of Grace - Sharing Faith in a Daily Way to keep up to date on my ramblings, and of course, if you haven't already, follow my blog and my twitter TiesOfGrace.  Leave me comments.  Interact with me.  It makes my heart smile!

Blessings,

Robin








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post! You are so sweet, and your continued faith inspires me. After Joey's illness and death, it is really something I have struggled with. I will be checking out these five blogs. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete