Our Ties

My photo
Texas, United States
Nothing really different about us... normal people, normal existence, extraordinary journey of blessings brought in the most profound, difficult, devasting, and amazing circumstances. To know our journey is to know grace. I invite you in to view this simple life where extraordinary events shape together to create something only Grace can explain.......

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Stop the fighting!

Just seeing all the anger on Facebook.  There are some real perks from being disconnected from social media! 

I am going to speak my mind now, however.  In light of yesterday's Supreme Court hearing here is my reaction:  
1). I believe in love first.  Not conditional love. Just love. I will love all people because thankfully that's how God loves me!! 
2). I believe people have a right to choose.  I will respect that right and appreciate that I have that same right. 
3) I still believe that the biblical marriage union is between a man and woman. 
4) However, I will not hate people for believing otherwise.  
5) I won't freak out over a law.  I will keep loving. Keep respecting.  And I hope others will do the same for me.  

This law is not the issue.  The question is do you know what you believe?  If you do then live it.  If you have an opportunity to peacefully discuss why you believe what you believe, on either side if the issue, civilly discuss it.  That's where growth happens.  Fighting, demeaning, judging (yes both sides), and being enraged does not lead to peace. I'm ok listening to why others believe what they believe.  I hope to be given the same respect.  To me, that's when the greatest change happens.  The rest just seems like a lot of cruelness on both sides that I want nothing to do with because it seems like hypocrisy on both sides.  Both are yelling at each other to love. None are displaying that love to anyone that is different in view.  Who wins there? 


I know who I am and I know what I believe.  I am a follower of Jesus Christ and His teachings.  Who am I to act in hatred when Christ never did? He experienced the wrath of hatred... To the point of His death.  How did He respond? In love. Always, always in love. 

Today I'm back to my vacation and away from social media.  I am going to meet new people in Germany of whom I don't know their beliefs or religion.  I am going to get to know them and I'm going to try to display quiet love from inside.  Oh how I wish we would do that back home today as well... 

"Love thy neighbor as thyself". Man I sure don't want people to hate me for what they believe is wrong in me, so I am going to do towards others as I want for myself.

Peace, 

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment